Software & Documentation
The SPHY modeling package is available in the public domain and only uses open source software. The installation of SPHY is currently supported for Microsoft Windows 7 and higher.
SPHY model source code as well as Graphical User Interfaces developed for QGIS, supporting software and manuals can be downloaded from this page.
The SPHY modeling package is programmed in Python language and uses the Numpy libraries and libraries from the PCRaster environmental modeling language. Graphical user interfaces are available for QGIS.
SPHY model source code is also available in the GitHub repository , where details on changes between versions are listed as well. The latest stable versions can be downloaded from the SPHY website (this page).
SPHY model source code
- The source codes for SPHY v2.0, SPHY v2.1, SPHY v2.2 and SPHY v3.0 can be downloaded from the SPHY Github page
QGIS and Graphical User Interfaces
- QGIS v2.8.2 32-bit (330 MB executable installer)
- SPHY Plugin v1.0 (GUI to run SPHY model in QGIS, 125 kb RAR file)
- SPHY PreProcess v1.0 (GUI to preprocess model input files in QGIS, 104 MB ZIP file)
Databases for SPHY PreProcess GUI
- Hindu-Kush-Himalaya (1 GB ZIP file)
- Southeast Africa (1 GB ZIP file)
Additional required software
- Python 2.7.6 32-bit (15 MB executable installer)
- Numpy libraries for Python 2.7.6 32-bit (16 MB executable installer)
- PCRaster 4.0.0 32-bit libraries (32 MB ZIP file)
- Nutshell 4.87 GUI for PCRaster (5 MB executable installer)
- SPHY peer-reviewed journal publication
- Model theory, installation, and data preparation
- SPHY Graphical User Interfaces manual
- Reservoir module in SPHY v2.1